Wednesday, June 11, 2014

April, Part 2: Celebrating the Sweet Life of Grandpa Coleman

On Monday, April 7th, Tanner's sweet Grandpa Coleman passed away. We have been so blessed to have him in our lives, especially this past year as I've worked on his life history and visited him every week last summer while to interview him about his life. A deep respect and love for him grew in my heart through this experience, and I am so grateful that I will be able to teach my children about their great grandfather and urge them to follow his good example. Both Tanner and I will miss him dearly.

We felt so lucky to be able to attend his funeral. It was a sweet celebration of the life of a wonderful and righteous man. 

He was buried in a beautiful cemetary, cradled by mountains.

I have never seen so many beautiful flowers at a funeral before. Here are only a few of them.

We are so grateful for our family and the chance we had to spend time with them.


1 comment:

  1. The view from the balcony of that house is AMAZING. Where is that?

    ReplyDelete