Monday, December 1, 2014

November Wrap Up



These past two weeks have been nothing but fun! I feel like it's just been parties, parties, parties.

First of all, it's been so much cooler outside, which has been nice because we've been able to open our window at night and we get to save on AC. And it feels soo good! Secondly, we all loved Thanksgiving break and being able to have Tanner home for a few days. (Can we have Thanksgiving every week?) And thirdly, Ezra has just been getting cuter and cuter, as always. So that always makes us glow. Here are our going-ons:

Both Kendra and Greg's and Jeni and BJ's little boys, Emmett and Kai, turned one! We got to go to both of their parties. Emmett's was aviator themed and so cute! Kendra is always such a good hostess and makes the yummiest and cutest food for her parties. I took pictures of the event for Kendra so I was running around the whole time. Ezra had a blast playing with all of the big kids. Then there was Kai's Hawaiian luau. He is part Hawaiian, where turning one is a big deal, so his parents put on a huge party at the church. It was amazing. And the food? YUM. We took home leftovers of the pork and have been living off of them for days. 

The last big event, of course, was Thanksgiving! We invited some of our friends (I wish we could have invited everybody but our apartment is just too small) over for a big dinner. It was great. And it was nice that we didn't have to do everything by ourselves. I am so grateful for good friends. Star and Ashley helped me make decorations that Tuesday (see our little turkeys and leaves below), then Tanner and I deep cleaned our house the day before, borrowed some tables and chairs, made rolls, honey butter, and steamed carrots, and let everyone else do the rest. (Brandon and Camille even made the turkey. Champs!) Everything was delicious, and it was a ton of fun.

Our beautiful, beautiful little turkeys 
Some leaves & Indian napkin holders
Ezra helping on Thanksgiving day 

And the rest of our life? Here are the pics:

Lately, Ezra has had a total shoe fetish. He has always loved shoes, but these past few weeks, he has been all about putting our shoes on and wearing them around the house. I've started taking pictures to keep a record of all of his ensembles.
Converse
Sandals
Sparkly flats
Pink heels (He is actually quite a 
pro at walking around in heels.)
And lastly, this mermaid fin we found at the mall.
It was a biggggg win. He cried when we left the store.

He also continues to love helping! He found this sponge under the sink (despite our best efforts to toddler-proof it) and immediately started "cleaning the counters."

Ezra fell asleep on the way to the grocery store one day. I carefully took him out of his carseat and put him in the cart, and he still didn't wake up. He slept through the entire store.

Tanner and Trent went running together in training for their marathon while Star and I went to the park, and then they met up with us. I thought he would be scared of it, but Ezra loved the steepest and scariest slide.

Ashley, Star, and I have been doing weekly 3 or 4 mile walks. After, we'll go to the park to let all the boys run around.  
Peek-a-boo!
This was Ezra's first time at this park since he was just starting to walk. As soon as he saw this car, he made a beeline for it. Then he played in it for at least twenty minutes before I pried him out and took him to the swings.
Apparently this is Brock's favorite hangout as well. Star says that when she brings him, he could spend his whole time just sitting in the car.

And some randomness!
Ezra studying
Ezra dancing
And Ezra playing with an awesome box!

And you know me--I have to include my random deals. Last week, I got all of this stuff for free at CVS!!! Yay.

And last few random facts: I finished listening to The Hobbit on tape, so I am ready for the movie! But I'm sure the movie will be wayyy better and will have a bunch of stuff that's not in the book. Because that's how both of the others were. Also, I read two more Agatha Christie books: By the Pricking of My Thumbs and Sad Cypress. 

And that's all for this week! Blub blub blub.


2 comments: